CMC–Part of our daily lives.
CMC is a widely used, multipurpose additive that is found in many products that consumers come into contact with on a daily basis, from food to cosmetics and lotions. It is also reassuring to know that as a food additive, CMC has a GRAS (generally recognized as safe) rating by the FDA.2
Welcome CAEP Members!
To place an order or get more information, contact us
2280 Argentia Road
Customer Service Tel: 877 977-1772
Or click the button below.
CMC Technology – Available exclusively in RAPID RHINO◊ ENT Products.
Only Smith & Nephew offers the RAPID RHINO portfolio with an exclusive formulation of CarboxyMethyl Cellulose (CMC), a plant-derived material. When mixed with water, it forms a cushioning hydrocolloid gel that naturally drains from the body after several days.
Natural CMC Technology offers multiple patient care advantages, giving healthcare professionals the utmost confidence as it:
- Helps minimize bleeding and edema during surgery – designed to minimize intra- and post-op oozing
- Fills space and acts as a moist physical barrier between mucosal surfaces to prevent painful
adhesions after surgery or trauma
- Is not associated with hypersensitivity in patients
All strong reasons to make RAPID RHINO products with CMC Technology your first choice.
The right fit, no matter what size anatomy
- Ultra low profile design provides unsurpassed ease of insertion and quickly conforms to nasal anatomy1
- Provides gentle and even compression to areas of epistaxis
- Designed to prevent adherence to tissue or blood clots upon removal
- Unilateral and bilateral options with or without an airway
- Fits both large and small patient anatomy
- Singer AJ, Blanda M, Cronin K, LoGiudice-Khwaja M, Gulla J, Katz A. Comparison of nasal tampons for the treatment of epistaxis in the emergency room department: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Emerg Med. 2005; 45(2):134-139
- Cooper, Monica. CMC Considerations for 505(b)(2) Applications. FDA/CDER/OPS/ONDQA AAPS Annual Meeting Washington, D.C. October 2011. Retreived from: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/aboutfda/centersoffices/officeofmedicalproductsandtobacco/cder/ucm301043.pdf